Tuesday, October 20, 2015

New England Folk Festival

I have heard about the New England Folk Festival for years, and was thrilled to participate as a caller this year.

I met many great callers, all of whom were so helpful to me as someone who has never experienced the NEFFA and didn't know quite what to expect.

I started the weekend by getting to be one of the callers with Nor'Easter at the historic Scout House dance on Thursday night!  I opened the evening with "Heartbeat Contra" by Dan Flaherty.

 On Saturday night, Eric Black pulled me in to help him with this "surprise double-caller" dance. He's calling Moon Dance, and I'm calling Sun Dance, both by Robert Cromartie.

I'm calling with Contrail.  The dance is Gene Hubert's "The Gang of Four."
It's a Gene Hubert night - His classic "Sarah's Journey."

No comments:

Post a Comment